Monday, May 08, 2006

An update


So, I followed through on my committment to visit that lady in the nursing home. I brought up the time that she mentioned Jesus being the angel Michael. She didn't remember talking to me about that. But, I continued by asking her if she knew about Jehovah Witnesses. She said, "Oh yeah, they come and do Bible studies every Thursday. But, I don't go to those anymore."

I guess she wasn't being misled. I'm glad about that. It makes me sad that Jehovah Witnesses are in the nursing homes leading the elderly in Bible Studies. It's a smart move on their part because they definitely have a willing audience as it's probably one of the lonliest places on earth. These people are about to die and they are getting the last word in.

I guess the most logical thing to do in response is to start my own Bible study at the nursing home too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad to hear about Jehovah's Witnesses exploiting the elderly,they "count their (field service) time" with a captive audience.Hopefully they are not after their financial assets.Best regards,Danny Haszard

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home