Sunday, April 30, 2006

I dropped the ball


I feel a burden of responsibility after hearing one point of Matt's sermon today. He was talking about how the Jehovah Witnesses teach that Jesus was Michael the arch angel.

Well, for about 2 months I was regularly visiting the nursing home across from Cal Baptist. I just wanted to find out which residents never get visitors and give them companionship. I started to get to know a couple ladies pretty well. One Christian lady was telling me about her Bible Study at the nursing home. She said, "Did you know that Jesus was really the angel Michael?" I told her that I didn't believe that was true and that I'd look it up in the Bible for her so she could see for herself.

Did I ever look that up for her or follow up with that? Nope. This poor Christian lady is learning "interesting" new things about her faith from a Jehovah Witness. She probably has no idea. So, I'm hoping to get myself over there again this week and tell her what I found out about that.

When I want to love people, to me that means making them feel special and respected. But, I'm reading this book called "Don't Waste Your Life." The author explains that to love people is to point them to Christ not to make them feel special. When God loves us, he doesn't do it by making much of us. He loves us by being glorified and letting us see and enjoy his glory.

That's a huge challenge for me when I go to the nursing home because I just want to make them feel special. Really, if I want to love them, I need to point them to Christ.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I applaud your blog keep doing your best to refute the Jehovah's Witnesses and expose them as a false cult.--Danny Haszard

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home