Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Where's the hen?

I sometimes talk in my sleep. Rob never talks in his sleep. Weird, isn't it? Well, Rob and I have talked it over, and I think we have it figured out. It's been said that women say 10,000-12,000 words a day. I think it's that many. If I'm exaggerating, it's at least a lot of words that we say. Our theory is that I sleep talk when I don't get all my words in for the day. Rob doesn't ever sleep talk because 12 hours of daylight is more than enough time to get his words in. We women just have to be creative in how we communicate since we have such a bigger job to do--10,000 words!

A couple of months ago, while sleeping, I asked Rob, "Where's the hen?" I just think that's hilarious. Who ever says the word hen? Yeah, maybe someone who lives on a chicken farm might use the word regularly, but as for the rest of us it's probably the least said word ever. I don't think I've said the word hen for 18 years. Probably the last time I said it was when I was learning how to rhyme and had to give words that rhyme with pen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, that was perfect for a great chuckle.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home