Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Joshua Tree



Rob and I had planned to go to Joshua Tree on our day off for President's Day. I was pretty excited to be out in nature, be active, and be in a beautiful place. Then Rob added another wrinkle to the plan and suggested that we get there in time to see the sunrise. That's usually a little too crazy for me since I place way too much value on my sleep, but this time I was feeling spontaneous and we decided to do it. Proof that waking up that early is not normal: The whole time we were talking about going to see the sunrise, we kept saying sunset on accident. See, sunrise just isn't in our vocabulary.

We got there at about 5:45 in just enough time to climb up a pile of boulders and set up our tripod for the sunrise. It was worth it. It wasn't the most amazing sight since it wasn't a sunrise with many colors or any clouds. But, it was just neat to be awake and be aware of what was going on.

One thing that Rob and I wanted to do with our day in Joshua Tree was to enjoy God and spend the day looking for him. We had our camera with us which always makes me look at things differently. If I didn't have my camera with me, I would never notice the red, dried flowers against the yellow grass. It was beautiful.



On our one two hour hike, we saw a tree that was gray and red swirled together like taffy. On that tree were hidden some very little flowers. It's things like that that make me smile at God. He didn't have to make those little hidden flowers. He didn't have to make the tree look like taffy or the grass and red flowers look so cool next to each other. But, he did it. He did it because he's creative and fun. Maybe he wanted us to notice the little things that he put extra time into. He didn't miss a single thing. He made it all spectacular.



















I love the desert. It's a wonderland of hidden beauties.

1 Comments:

Blogger Annie Els said...

I love these! They are beautiful. Thanks for sharing them. They are the best *sunset* ;o) photos I've seen, maybe ever.

Nice job on the new blog look. It feels peaceful and beautiful, much like you.

Miss you.
AnnieW

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home