Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sundays


It's Sunday, and I'm having a great day. It's funny because I never look forward to Sundays. They are very full and tiring, so I don't look forward to them. But, I really should look forward to them because God ends up blessing me so much on Sundays. Most of the time I leave church smiling and talking to Rob a mile a minute about all the cool ways God showed himself that day. So, I really do like Sundays a lot. I love them. But, still I don't look forward to them. Isn't that funny? My brain hasn't connected the two yet, I guess.

I'm really excited to be a part of Sandals. I'm so proud of our church, its heart, its mission, and how it makes those real through actions. I feel SO blessed for the community God has allowed us to be a part of, to love, and be loved by.

Kind of random thought: I was listening to the radio a couple weeks ago and the person being interviewed said that the enemy of love is self-consciousness. My first thought was, "Oh good grief, another cliche." But, I think it's true. It's probably not the only enemy of love, but it is one. Whenever I'm being self-conscious or intimidated with people, that keeps me from approaching them, reaching out, or being myself. I might think, "There's nothing wrong with being self-conscious or intimidated." But, when I realized that that keeps me from loving, that's a different story.

I've been thinking about that off and on, and I think I'm doing better now that I'm aware of that perspective.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have soo much love for you and your thoughts. Thanks for you.
Los

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home