Tuesday, May 23, 2006

An Offering


I have been so tired lately. But, I'm pretty sure that everyone I come into contact with can say that very thing. Sometimes I feel burnt out, exhausted, needing to be alone to reenergize...

But, I just read the phrase "Well done good and faithful servant." It reminded me that we're not supposed to be good and faithful comfortable people who make a good amount of money and have lots of friends to enjoy life with. We are servants. We're here to do a very important job. And, we're supposed to labor to accomplish it. When we die, Jesus will welcome us into our rest. This earth is not the time for rest.

Yeah, I know; we can't just go, go, go constantly. God did set aside a day commanding us to take a break and regain momentum. But, for me, right now, it's encouraging and inspiring to remember that I'm supposed to be a servant, and it's ok to pour myself out and be spent.

3 Comments:

Blogger Janie said...

Wow, I really appreciate your words. Because I have been feeling really tired. Worn out. Done. Thank you!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good reminder, Leah.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that doesn't define my life (tired, burnt out, exhausted), I'm not sure what does! I need to make sure though, that my exhaustion comes from serving HIM and not just going, going, going. And I definitely need to remember that day of rest! Thanks though, for the reminder that in emptying ourselves, we do it for ONE very important purpose. I pray we all keep going until there's nothing left.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home