Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Not finished


I've definitely never considered myself a Pharisee. Pharisees are the bad guys in the gospels. They are the example of what not to do. I've pretty much always seen them as jerks, and I've been constantly thankful that I'm not one of them.

I've been doing pretty well in life. I'm a great girl and really most people are probably so thankful to have me around. And then...BAM...reality hits and the last three sentences turn into a pile of poop. Now I'm not trying to be down on myself. I'm just being honest. Lord, thank you for searching deep within me and displaying all the work yet to be done.

I have been a Pharisee. I have been judgmental. I haven't loved above all else. I have let fear lead the way, so I've needed to protect myself. I'm sure many in my path have felt condemned.

But, I look behind me, and I hurt for those I have trampled on.

I admit the truth. I am a work in progress. Some parts of me God has made beautiful. And some parts of me are yet to be completed. I just have to remember both sides of that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how that goes, but it's awesome journey to take. Keep moving ahead.

much love

weybright

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home