Monday, January 30, 2006

The Darnedest Things


I teach piano lessons. I have a really funny mixture of kids who love piano, kids who feel like it's a punishment, kids who never practice and don't understand why that's bad, kids who don't really care one way or the other...it's fun though. The most amusing part of teaching this mosaic of personalites is the excuses kids come up with.

My favorite so far:

I have a boy in the 2nd grade who doesn't really care too much for piano but doesn't hate it either. Pretty indifferent. I have all the beginners count out loud while they're playing. This boy kept forgetting, so I kept reminding. He was getting pretty annoyed with himself and me and finally came up with an awesome excuse. I should've known. The real reason that he wasn't "remembering" to count is that his lip hurt. You see, he was playing tag at recess and his friend stepped on his lip. Wow. Stepped on his lip. Now that takes talent. Buddy, I totally believe you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Annie Els said...

I like this story a lot. :o)
I laughed.
Did you take that photo?
I love it.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home