Sunday, February 12, 2006

Just what I needed


On Thursday I got together with Rob's mom to help her do some writing for a conference she's helping to host. We had to write a script for a little promotional video. Our hope was to draw people to the conference because of the God part of it, not because of our cleverness or because we showed really great shots of CA. But, we were both stumped as how to focus it on God, make it clever, and keep it from being cheesy.

It was great. I prayed on the way over there that God would give us an idea. We prayed before we started brainstorming. And, it came! We didn't have to rack our brains at all, God just laid it out for us on a silver platter with chocolate cookies on the side. We made the promotional video a love letter from God asking these women out on a special date, father to daughter.

Later in the day I was trying to have some God time, and I just couldn't focus at all. My mind was going a million miles a minute. All I could think of was the many things I had to do and how excited I was to cut my fingernails. It was ridiculous. I tried and tried to concentrate on God, to let the Word amaze me and lead me to praise...but I got nothing. However, I did feel God telling me to go back and read the love letter that I wrote on his behalf. I needed to read it for myself and accept God's invitation for a special time away. Here it is just in case you need a love letter from our Father. It's probably addressed to you.

Dear Beloved,
Somehow I want to show you how deeply I care for you. I know that you’ve read my love letters many times before and you’ve tried to understand. I know it’s hard to grasp something so abstract. But, oh how I long to overwhelm you with the knowledge and experience of my love. I know that if you really knew the depth of my love for you, you would feel like a princess, rich in the royalty of her position. And, that’s the thing, you need not just feel like a princess; you are a princess. You are my cherished possession, the one I simply cannot take my eyes off of…my daughter.

I’ve been thinking of how to lavish you with affection, and I’ve thought of the perfect thing. Come away with me! I know you’re busy. I know you’re unsure. But, you have no idea to what measure I will go to give you the true picture of what my love means. Come away with me! I have a date planned for the two of us. And yes, I planned it all before I even had an answer from you. But, somehow I knew that you wouldn’t be able to pass up such a special event centered around me pampering you with affection.

Honestly, it’s been a while since we’ve had a special date. I think it’s about time for another one. It seems like in between dates, you get distracted with the things of life. Your job, family, friends, church, anything and everything fills up your schedule. Those things are so good. I’m glad you’re enjoying them. After all, I did give them to you as presents throughout the years. But, I just want to remind you of the gift with the most value. Here I am waiting for you. I’m so much better than those gifts. My love alone far surpasses those things. Besides, we both know that even the best stuff can leave you feeling frustrated, spent, and dry with nothing left to give. I understand. Come away with me! I will allure you away from life’s distractions, and we will be able to focus on just the two of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home