Thursday, September 06, 2007

Justice

Lately there have been things around me that haven't seemed fair. The "lover of justice" in me makes me want to step in, force my opinion, and make things right. Sometimes I can do that, and I feel better. But, this time, what I could do would really only make things worse or more complicated.

I've begun to realize that this feeling of helplessness is a good one. What it does is bring me to my knees to intervene in the heavenlies. Ephesians 2 says that God has seated me with Christ in the heavenly realms. I can influence much more when I bring things to my Lord, addressing them from the heavenlies on down. Ephesians 6 says that when we struggle, it's never against flesh and blood. Even when my struggle seems to be against people, it never is. I need to always address things from the very top.

However, as I battle in prayer, the thing that keeps me calm is a verse in 1 Peter 2. Jesus submitted, even to horrible people as they were in the process of killing him. Instead of retaliating, "he entrusted himself to him who judges justly." So, as things are unfair around me, I need to entrust myself to the only one who is fair and let him take care of it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...indeed, His Peace calms the storms of life.

Blessings In Christ Sis

9:17 AM  
Blogger Daniel Balboa said...

Good stuff. I try to remember this when I get angry.

I can't wait till I will get HIS peace in heaven.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home