Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Ephesians

I just finished reading Ephesians. Something that stood out to me a couple times throughout the book is the fact that we need each other in order to know God fully. I don't think of that very often. Actually, I hardly ever think of it as I try to grow in the Lord. But, the truth is that I'll never know the fullness of God without other believers.

In 3:17-21 Paul prays that we would be able to grasp how immense God's love is for us. But, when he prays asks that we would have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ. --Together with all the saints.

In chapter 4 he talks about how God has give us each different jobs: some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists... And, we all have these jobs in order to prepare God's people and build up the church until we are all united in the faith and knowledge of Jesus...until we all become mature and discover the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. We can't get here without each other.

As each part of the body does its job, we will know God more and more. If I do my part by myself, I won't know God any more than before. But, if I do my part along with other believers, I will be helping them experience the fullness of Christ as they are also helping me grow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Leah, this message is So Vital for the hearts of His followers. Teamwork in Him is where it(Love & Truth's Progress) is at.

Blessings In Christ Dear Sister

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home