Monday, July 30, 2007

Pregnancy metabolism

One word to describe me: Ravenous.

Who knew that when you get pregnant food doesn't work anymore? In normal life you get hungry and you find something to eat all for the purpose of not being hungry after you eat it. Well, my friends, my baby is one bottomless pit.

As I've been pregnant, I've been enjoying the challenge of eating healthier. I've been putting extra effort into fruits and veggies. Maybe that's why I'm never full. But, anyway it's interesting to be eating healthier for someone besides just myself.

I leave you with a fun pregnancy fact: If you're trying to get more iron into your diet, be careful what you eat your iron with. If you eat iron along with dairy, the dairy blocks your body from absorbing the iron. Now that's a challenge! How often do I have a hamburger without cheese!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)...thought provoking last sentence; onward to beans & spinach... :)

Blessings In Christ Sis

2:03 AM  
Blogger pearmama said...

Never take the iron pills the ob pushes on you, even if you take it with VitC...there is a risk for miscarriage. You are right, there are many other ways to get iron. Start drinking your Red Raspberry Leaf tea because it contains TONS of vital vitamins and minerals your pregnant body needs. I read this book my last five pregnancies and births (!), it was like my pregnancy bible. http://www.susunweed.com/Article_Pregnancy_Problems.htm

She is a bit of a hippie but it has great info in it. Wait, did Heidi mention a homebirth? That is a topic near and dear to my heart.

Take care!

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home