Sunday, September 09, 2007

ABC's

Today we went out for lunch with my sisters. The health nuts that they are, they chose apples instead of chips for their side options. Looking at the apples made me think of that game that you play when you're young. You twist the stem of the apple while saying the ABC's. Whatever letter it lands on tells you the first letter of the name of the person who has a crush on you.

I thought I should try it to make sure that Rob has a crush on me. Bad news. It landed on "G." Ok, whoever is out there with a name starting with "G" better back off. I don't know who you are, but I'm happily married with a baby on the way. I don't have a crush on you back.

Don't worry, I took care of things. I put the stem back in the apple and twirled it til it came to "R." Rob made a profound observation. How does anyone at the end of the alphabet ever get hooked up with anyone? It's true, the stem never lasts that long. Wow, God moves in mysterious ways in getting those at the end married.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Leah. I am a blog lurker and yours is one that I occasionally Peruse (sp?).

Had to post... maybe "G" stands for God? He loves you right? And Rob can't get mad at that! :0)
I thought that is where this post was headed for sure!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Will said...

So that is why I am still single. :)

12:50 PM  
Blogger Will said...

So that is why I am still single. ha!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

But, Will, like I said, God moves in mysterious ways. Rob is at the end of the alphabet, and God worked that out. Actually, the people at the front of the alphabet are kinda at a disadvantage too. The stem never comes off right away. Probably most "enders" should find the ones at the beginning.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home