Thursday, May 10, 2007

Do some stretches before reading this

I'm having a philosophical moment right now. Well, actually this moment began two days ago and came back to me today.

What we experience everyday is not real. Now, it is a small portion of what's real. But, if we really think about how our lives seem, what we would describe really isn't complete.

For example, let me explain my life. My name is Leah. I'm married to Rob who I love so dearly. We both have jobs that we love. We love the Lord and really want to know him more and more. We go to a great church and are involved in the worship ministry. We're usually stinkin' busy with the many little or big things that come our way. But, we're happy; we have been blessed with great friends and family. I enjoy life.

Now here's the reality. God. God is more powerful and frightening that most of us realize (and I'm included in that). His majesty would make people, trees, demons, and kings tremble before him. The things I described in my life are truly happening, but all around is a spiritual world of glorious angels, fighting on God's side, on our behalf, as well as fallen angels and Satan himself. There are spiritual battles going on all around us. Each moment in our lives are eternal moments that have spiritual significance.

It's just strange that what I experience and am aware of 90% of the time is only partly true...making it not the whole truth...making it a lie. I'm inspired to see God and his majesty in my life and the people around me. I want to be living in the complete reality rather than just the earthly portion.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Tis true. But I don't think I'd want my eyes opened to see it as it really is. I'm not ready for that. I'll just go with believing it for now. Good Post.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about something similar lately. I've been realizing how temporary our world is. I think I'm really starting to get the fact that our life here on earth is a blink of an eye compared to eternity with God. That's a big relief.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said Sis.; in the midst, He never gives/shows us more than we can currently handle. The mutating equation is sort of like...

'what we can handle'
[is equal to]
'how much we give to Him'

...so whatever we are continually shown, it is good to play 'hotcakes' and toss everything, including the new stuff, into His Hands. I guess such things are part of His 'Love & Truth Curriculum' for us.

In all, keep swimming in Him Leah.

Blessings In Christ Sis

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thoughts!

I'm new to your blog. I came through a series of sites... starting with Anne Jackson's, I believe? I subscribed so I wanted to say hi. :)

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home