Sunday, June 04, 2006

A woman of God


Today I had the privilege of listening to Carole Vezey talk about Uganda, God, prayer, love. She is a missionary in Uganda who has moved there permanently. She said that she moved there and will some day spill her blood there. What a powerful statement, proof of the death she has died for Christ so that she can live for him doing what no one else would in a place no one would want to go.

I have never met anyone like her. Today I am so inspired to seek God more, learn how to pray, and let the Word speak to me about the world I live in right now. Usually when I meet a superhero of the faith, I get discouraged and think, "Why can't I be like her." That's where my problem with envy comes in, I guess.

But, today I was only inspired. She's a superhero in my eyes but gave me all the tools to follow God in the same way. She's a superprayer, and she said that the only way to learn how to pray is to start praying. How easy!

Just like Jesus did only what he saw the Father doing, she said that we need to seek God in prayer and see what he's doing. Once we see what he's doing, we should follow and do it too. She saw God in Uganda. She saw him in the overcrowded camps full of mutilated, forgotten, and discouraged people. She saw him picking up the poopy babies and just holding them. So, she moved there and will continue doing what she sees him doing.

She said that we will see God doing different things according to what he wants us to do. We are to see God crying, look in the same direction, and ask him what's wrong with what he's looking at. And then go...even if it's next door...even if it's Uganda.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, that is really powerful!
Kristiapplesauce.wordpress.com/

12:02 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

that's so awesome...

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home