Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Spontaneity


I think we're crazy. We decided on Sunday to go to Europe for 10 days. We're leaving next Tuesday...less than a week from now. That's the crazy part. We wanted to do this trip anyway, and on Sunday it occurred to us that to go next Tuesday is the most logical and economical time for us.

On Monday and Tuesday I was scared and nervous. I wasn't sure if we should go. I was freaked out that we wouldn't be able to find our way around and that we wouldn't have places to stay. I was afraid that God wouldn't want us to use our money in that way.

I'm the most indecisive person you know, so I think that God just ends up leading me by shoving me along rather than telling me what to do because I'll debate back and forth with my mind for days if that is the case. As I sought him about this, I started to feel more at ease and more excited.

We're doing it. We got our tickets this morning.

Now that we've begun the process, God has been providing in the coolest ways. We found tickets for $200 cheaper than anything we had seen for three days. God sold our car. We might have a place to stay in London.

We don't deserve this gift. It's not like it's a mission trip or something that we can make look exceptional. But, I do feel God giving us unnecessary presents, and I'm so thankful.

We're going to London, Oxford, Rome, and Venice. If any of you have contacts in those places, we'd much much rather stay with a family than in a hostel. Let us know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! You guys are crazy but it's so great. You get to experince things that so many people don't ever experience because they're too afraid or too cautious. I'm really excited for you.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home