Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A Great Divide


This last week Rob and I had the privilege of going to the Campus Crusade for Christ Christmas Conference with our church’s worship band. It was amazing for many reasons. For me, it was a life-altering experience. I didn’t expect it to be anything more than a whole lot of playing, but it ended up being the means that God used to give me another chance to be on fire for him.

On the Tuesday before the conference, I read this in My Utmost for His Highest:

Every now and then, not often, but sometimes, God brings us to a point of climax. That is the Great Divide in the life; from that point we either go towards a more and more dilatory and useless type of Christian life, or we become more and more ablaze for the glory of God—My Utmost for his Highest!

When I read that, I thought back to other times that I think God might have brought me to points of climax. Looking at how I had decided and also where am I at this point leads me to believe that I chose the “more dilatory and useless type of Christian life.” So, after reading it, I felt bad but also wondered when God would give me another chance to be ablaze for his glory. Oswald did say that God brings those points every now and then.

On Thursday night I was reflecting on the many amazing things that God was showing me through the speaker at the conference. I was so excited and so ready to change and be dangerous for God. I decided to read a little Oswald before going to bed and the title of that same entry caught my eye: “Where the Battle’s Lost and Won.” I read it totally not remembering what I just read a couple days before. Then I got to the part about those times of Great Divide. It was so cool. God had given me another chance just when I was wondering when it would come along again. This past week was definitely a call for decision where I could either take what was presented to me and become more and more ablaze or I could become more and more useless a.k.a complacent.

I’m pumped. I don’t want to take a single step backward. That same night I also read this in My Utmost: “If there is one standard in the New Testament revealed by the light of God and you do not come up to it, and do not feel inclined to come up to it, that is the beginning of backsliding because it means your conscience does not answer to the truth.” These are good things to be aware of as I seek to continue growing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brittany Richey said...

Leah-
It's so good to hear how God is alive in your life and My Utmost is one of my favorite books too. Thanks for letting me see how God is reflecting glimpses of His glory in your life. You are way cool, and I'm glad that you are honest with your b.m. too! You make me laugh!
Brittany

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home