Friday, January 19, 2007

Thoughts on the tip of the pyramid

I'm sitting here at Coffee Roasters working on the coffee table book from our trip.

Randomly I'm struck with how lavishly I've been blessed. I have hope in Christ and his blood over me that gives me reason to face each day with excitement and wonder. I have the luxury and wealth to be able to spend my day working on expressions of art and spirituality.

As I enjoy these things, people just like me endure war, fear of fate, oppression, fear of the next hour, aching stomachs, fear of their brother, fear of their god. They have no time or peace of mind for art.

I don't think I was given these things because I'm a Christian. God didn't give me these things because I worked hard for them. It's not even because I prayed for these things. It's confusing, but I'm reminded that he expects us to spread out our material and spiritual wealth. Because I am rich in many ways, I need to make others rich around me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said leah

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home