Sunday, December 24, 2006

The School of Kumquat

Rob, Derek, Steve, and I have been sitting at Kumquat Coffee for the last 2 hours or so. Here are some things we've learned:

1. My husband is really cool.
2. Kumquats have many uses, and you can eat their peels.
3. Girls aren't good at sound effects. God created boys with the ability to make noises with their mouths that you would think only machines could make. For example, Derek can whistle and hum at the same time making you think a flying saucer is landing behind you.
4. Being around many different languages makes our English-speaking abilities decline rapidly.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Leah,

I hope that you got our e-birthday card. If not, I hope that you had a Happy Birthday. Looking forward to hearing of your experiences when we see you next week. We wish you & Rob a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Love,

Mom & Dad

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw your blog on Ragamuffinsoulcast, and heard it's your birthday! From a fellow brother in christ, here in Portland, Oregon....HAPPPY BIRTHDAY!

Jeremy
http://jeremyanderson.blog-city.com/

6:03 PM  
Blogger Annie Els said...

For sure laughed at this post. I've found that even being around a different accent of English can deteriorate my English speaking abilities. My brain processes words the way I'm constantly hearing them, but my mouth isn't used to pronouncing them the way my brain wants it to.
I find myself coming up with new words a lot. If I say it with confidence my kiwi friends can't tell. They just think that's the way we American's talk. ;o)

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home