Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Some Bible for your day

Envy is one thing I struggle with. Often I compare myself to people who have amazing relationships with God and get envious. That seems better than envying someone's car or clothes, but it's not. It's just as tragic actually. Maybe more.

The verses that comes to my mind when I struggle with this is John 21:20-23. Jesus is giving Peter the famous Feed-my-sheep pep talk. He's singling Peter out, having quality alone time with him - all this great stuff - and Peter interrupts Jesus with an envious concern. (At least that's how I see it).

Peter sees the disciple whom Jesus loved and says, "What about him?" Jesus pretty much responds with, "What I do with him is none of your business....What you need to worry about is following me" (Leah paraphrase).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reflective message Leah! ...envy is certainly effective at crippling one's pursuit after Christ...am so Glad He is not only Merciful, but Lovingly-Blunt in the molding of His children's hearts.

To all whom Seek Him in Christ, He reveals our flaws to us not for discouragement, but rather for the opportunity of growing ever Closer to Him.

Faithful He Is ~ Great He Is

PS...your last paragraph reminded me of something similar my mum relayed to me when I very young. Blessings in Christ Sis.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home