Sunday, December 17, 2006

Touristy stuff

Is it wild goose hunt or wild goose chase? I'm going to go with hunt, so if I'm wrong just give me grace; I'm not good at remembering those clever sayings correctly.

We went on a wild goose hunt yesterday to find a few historical sites here in Qatar. We ended up finding some towers and some petroglyphs. In this country they don't care as much about perserving history. So, to find the petroglyphs, we found a sea full of rocks and had to get lucky to spot some actual history. But we did find some.

You're probably thinking, "Oh, that's nice. Leah is covered from head to toe to fit in with the culture." Actually, it was just stinkin' cold and raining, so it was all in self-defense. I know, I know...I look like a weirdo in this picture. But, we're really bad at getting ourselves in the pictures, so I thought I'd jump in.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are going well. I miss you! Just so you know, you only look kind of funny:)

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Leah, you are Funny gal; I actually did not know the picture was of you until I neared the end of the post, tilted my head, and went..."oh:)." I would say I need to get my eyes checked, but I already wear glasses so am not sure optometrists can do much for me. Blessings Sis.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home