Thursday, January 25, 2007

Iced tea...


I'm sick. Last night I slept for 12.5 hours. I'm still sick, so I should be sleeping right now...1:18 a.m.

But, I'm not. I'm feeling awake, restless, and unsettled. I did have iced tea for dinner, so my extremely caffine-sensitive body might be enjoying that. But, now that I'm up, I think God is keeping me up. Maybe for two reasons. One, I asked him to draw me closer and help me be more dedicated in pursuing him. So, we've been having a sort of date. But, there's another thing.

I can't stop thinking about Uganda. I think God called me into battle tonight. And, since you're reading this blog, I think he's calling you into battle as well. The people of that country urgently need our prayers...urgently - meaning as soon as you read this. They also need our voice. We have to believe that the bit of influence we have over our government through our representatives can make a difference. Click on this to find out what's been happening in Uganda. And, go here to find out the reason for the urgency and how you can help. As God's people we need to do some battle for our brothers and sisters. Read this:

Remember the command that Moses the servant of the Lord gave you: 'The Lord your God is giving you rest and has granted you this land.' Your wives, your children and your livestock may stay in the land that Moses gave you east of the Jordan, but all your fighting men, fully armed, must cross over ahead of your brothers. You are to help your brothers until the Lord gives them rest, as he has done for you, and until they too have taken possession of the land that the Lord your God is giving them. After that, you may go back and occupy your own land, which Moses the servant of the Lord gave you east of the Jordan toward the sunrise. - Joshua 1:13-15

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a "funny" thing happened this morning...

i opened up my inbox and read a request for prayer for a friend who is in uganda right now:

Calondra's father, Leroy Ludlow, had a siezure yesterday and is in the hospital in critical, yet stable, condition. Please pray for healing for his body, and pray for Calondra and family, too.

Calondra is not making plans to come home early at this point. Her brother, Norman, told her that the Lord knew she would be in Uganda when this happened, so He must want her there; she agreed.

Please pray for Leroy, the family, and for Calondra's peace of mind.


so, i prayed. and then i started surfing the web and hit your site to read that you're in "battle" for uganda.

be encouraged!... (cliche coming up... but it it's the truth!)... we're in the midst of battling, but we know that in the end, we win!

thanks for praying, and lift a quick one up for my friend!

7:52 AM  
Blogger calondra said...

God is amazing, isn't he? I think it's no coincidence that He has us rallying together to pray for Uganda. And the way He brings us together for that common cause fascinates me.

I'm Calondra, and my friend Pete stumbled across your web site and posted the previous comment. My father went "home" to heaven just a few days after that email was sent...while I was in Uganda. And just when my brother called to give me the news, a taxi passed us with a sign in the window that said "God Cares"! Wow!

I'm eager to see how God will continue to use me for His work in Uganda. I'm glad I stumbled across your blog...

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home