Saturday, January 27, 2007

abc's...123's

When I was a kid, adults were the people who always knew what they were doing and where they were going. They were confident and knew how to get around unfamiliar places.

Now that I'm an adult, I look around at fellow adults and realize that none of us are as confident as we seem to kids. Maybe that's why it takes someone to turn 40 before they really feel like an adult. In a way none of us knows exactly what we're doing.

Maybe that's why Jesus told us to come before God like children because that's what we are if we really think about it. That's what we are when we let the masks fall.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leah,
I catch up with you guys by occasionally reading Rob's sight. This time it sent me over to you. I absolutely love your thoughts although I am curious why you picked the age of 40 to feel like an adult. (I got there somewhat recently and although I love and would never turn back it still doesn't always feel "adult-like". ) Judy Boone (G.R. MI.)
PS I would love you to head this way and do a photo shoot sometime you take great pictures.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home