Monday, June 26, 2006

Bloomington


For most of Southern California, today is a hot, muggy day. For me, in Bloomington, I feel like I'm an eskimo just trying to stay warm. Maybe I need to gain some weight for insulation against the severe weather inside my office. When I say "office," that's a very generous term. It's actually more like a storage room with a piano in it. But, it's fine for me, except for the cold part.

The preschool room is right next door to my room, and they have control of the temps. Even Rob gets cold in my office...that's a true sign that it's cold. I have a space heater that I've been running all day. Yes, a heater in June. I'm the weirdo who walks around campus in jeans and a sweater in weather like this. That's because even when I step outside for my 2 minutes, I'm still not thawed.

I have this new voice student who is the cutest little girl ever. She's so confident in her singing abilities, and when she sings you can tell she's trying to sing like all the people she sees on American Idol. She's fine at singing, but she's also only 9 and is no child prodigy.

I love teaching her. I love her confidence. But, it also makes me want to laugh because it's so darn cute and obnoxious at the same time. I almost lost it today when she was singing "Part of Your World" for me. I kept it in, but I did have a huge smile on my face that could've given it away easily.

1 Comments:

Blogger Singing Sparrow said...

hey girl, I wish I could say I can relate to the coldness...but as for me I'm dying! This heat is too much...I'll trade ya! :)

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home