Friday, June 16, 2006

Our last day


Yesterday was our last day in London. We were too pooped to do anymore sightseeing, so we just went out into the city and went with the flow. When we were about ready to head home, we heard the rumblings of a "football" game. We didn't get to watch the Italy game in Italy, but we had one last chance to watch the England game in London.

By the way, I think the English are just as crazy about soccer as the Italians are. We went into the closest pub we could find, and sure enough, England was playing. That place was packed. We stood shoulder to shoulder to cheer on England. It was great. I definitely enjoyed the people around me more than the actual game. When England scored, the pub errupted for like 20 seconds straight. And, it was loud. I cheered, but I mostly just laughed at the people around me. That was awesome.

Then to top off our last day, we got to see and feel rush hour on the tube (the subway). That was hilarious too. That normally could have been very stressful and uncomfortable, but yesterday I was in the mood to enjoy the culture and the every day experiences of these people. There were so many people in those hallways and jammed into those trains. At one of our stops, I wasn't sure if I could get off. I kept saying "excuse me" to the guy in front of me, but he was literally unable to move and said, "Just go." So, I squeezed my way through.

It was a good way to end the trip: a day in the life of a Londoner.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have also enjoyed reading about your adventures!!

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home