Sunday, June 11, 2006

1st day in Rome

I wrote this yesterday:

Things are definitely more confusing and more interesting when in a place where you don't know the language at all. In Mexico I can communicate at least a little bit. Most people here can speak some English, but I still feel handicapped because we have to rely on people being nice and willing to help us. I do have to say that the Italians have been very nice so far.

We didn't do much in Rome our first day because we didn't get in until 6 and knew that our camping site might be a challenge to find, so we got dinner and figured the whole thing out. The place we're staying at is awesome. It was the cheapest we could find and probably the best too. Like I said, we're at a camping place, but we get our own little trailer all to ourselves. We're in a beautiful place, and the people are a great mixture of ages, ethnicities, and even families. On the ride to our camp site, we definitely get to see the not so glamorous parts of Rome. But, I guess that makes it all the more authentic.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's totally your style! You guys are just down to earth, live like the people, experience reality folks. I love it. I'm so glad you were able to do this. Keep the stories coming. I look forward to it everyday.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy for you...may you have the time of your lives!
Kristiapplesauce.wordpress.com/

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home