Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Me

I am thankful for this trip, and sometimes still can't believe where we are and how spontaneously we decided to do this. But, I'm learning a few things about myself.

If I want to have a lot of continuous fun on a trip, going from country to country and city to city isn't the way to go. Every time we go somewhere new, I feel nervous and stressed out. Once we know how to work the transportation system and know exactly how to get where we're staying, then I'm cool and can relax and have fun. This trip has been up and down because we're constantly encountering new things for me to figure out and adapt to.

Rob has been great because he's the exact opposite. He doesn't get nervous for anything. When we miss our flights or have to take a crazy taxi ride, he goes with the flow and can appreciate it all as part of the adventure. You see, I can appreciate those things too...really appreciate them...3 weeks later. In the moment, I'm looking for homeostasis.

It's funny because I have experienced this every single time I've been out of the country. I thought it would be different having Rob with me because we could do it together. But, I think what I was really thinking was that we could stress about it together therefore easing the pressure. But, he's just not stressed. I don't need to be stressed, but something inside of me tells me that someone has to stress and if no one is doing it it better be me.

So, that's something that Rob and I just figured out on this train ride. I'm not sure if I need to work on changing that or not. It would make traveling a lot more relaxing though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home