Thursday, October 06, 2005

To learn or not to learn...

We need to all learn Spanish! We are right next to a Spanish speaking country, and a lot of its people come over here to live. Why not expand our sphere of communication and learn their language. I hear it all the time: if they're going to live here, they have to learn the language. Well whatever, but if you've ever been in a foreign country and felt like an outsider, you might have a different perspective. I've been in other countries and felt very out of place at times or homesick. When I would meet someone who could speak English, it would immediately help me feel at home and comfortable. I want to do that for people here. I'm sure they feel out of place. And, with all the controversy about immigration, I'm sure they sense that conflict and feel unwanted as well. I just think it would show so much love if we learned their language in order to more quickly communicate with them. It shows that they are welcome, so welcome that we would go out of our way to speak with them. Let's show them value. Who cares if Southern CA is overcrowded. People can move if they don't like that. There's plenty of desert space available. We'll let the government argue about that while we take care of loving the people who we have the unique opportunity to minister to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home