Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Word

I realized today that I have a struggle with possession. For me, this doesn't display itself with material things It's more in the intangible stuff like position or relationships. I'm most "content" when it's mine and mine only. That was a strange realization this morning.

To that God told me, "Yours, I am yours. There's so much that you desire, seek and strive for, but it's all only a reflection. And the idea that it's the best is a lie. I will show you what is true, honorable, worthy of reverence, just, pure, lovely, loveable, kind, winsome, gracious, and worthy of praise."

It's hard to understand why that long list of good things is better than the things I strive for. But, that is the truth, and the happiness that comes with possession, for example, is a momentary reflection. When it's brought too far, a lie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home