Monday, May 05, 2008

Breaking Free

Ok, this might seem a little dorky, but bear with me and love me anyway.

Last night the church service was all worship - no sermon. It was amazing and just what I needed. A small tangent - I really miss playing on the worship team and will probably be going back soon. But, it has been very very special to worship in the crowd. I feel so much more free to let go. I'm able to just soak up and pour out without thinking about playing notes, coming in on time, or hundreds of people watching me. It's been a blessing and maybe exactly the refreshment that I've needed before I start playing again.

Back to the service. Later in the service they started playing the song, "Break Free." You know, I've never really been a fan. It's about breaking free in worship especially in the area of dance. "Break free, get up and dance in his love, his love never ending." I want to get up and dance especially since the song tells me to. But, there's something about the beat or rhythm or something - I just can't dance to it. I don't claim to be an awesome dancer, but I can usually do a little something resembling dancing if I want to. Break Free - forget about it. It's impossible to dance to.

As I sang the song, I smiled to myself and thought, "Ya know, maybe I'll be able to dance to this song in heaven." Call it a coincidence, call it a miracle, but little by little I found the beat. Hmm. I broke free and danced - my version anyway. I thought it was kinda funny. It's almost as if God overheard me and gave me a little surprise present.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this song is really easy to shimmy too.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home