Thursday, June 19, 2008

More about Kansas City

Lost is the best show ever. It's this huge story. Epic is the word that I keep thinking of. I think we all love it because we know deep inside that it's real. Not the actual story but the climate and feel of the show. It's huge, supernatural, not just normal everyday life.

When I was at IHOP, I think I felt for the first time the weight of God's kingdom and this war that is waging right in front of us. Lost makes sense to us and grips us because we're made for something that huge, well bigger actually. The people I met at IHOP live in this reality. They live with an urgency I've never witnessed before. But, it's not just a type of urgency that they were taught to have in a sermon. They long for Jesus to come back and they hurt for all the people who haven't heard.

I've been really excited since then, and I've been told that nothing's going to be the same again. That could be very exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home