Saturday, August 16, 2008

Little Leah

Rob and I got to go to Michigan last week to visit some of Rob's family. As an added bonus, we visited Hudsonville, where I spent 5 years of my childhood. Almost nothing has changed except for everything shrinking, of course. Funny how that happens, huh? For some strange reason, being there made me really appreciate my parents and the rich childhood they gave us. Love you guys!

This is where I spent kindergarten though second grade. To you this is just a normal old wall. But, I remember waiting there every morning for my best friend, Amanda Boreson. If she didn't show up, I'd fake sick and go home. What's the use in staying at school with no best friend?




These doors stood for the end of recess. I have vivid memories of the bell ringing and everyone on the playground screaming at the top of their lungs and charging for this small opening. We would all crowd and squish until we finally made it through to the hallway.




My dad took me on a date here once. All I know is that I felt like I was out of my territory. I guess I'm a sensitive one. Also, I ordered chili with the little octagon crackers.




All around our church were these window crevice things. Real midwesterners probably have a better name for them; just bear with me. My sister and I would hide in these deep caves and our imaginations would run wild. I had a feeling that they wouldn't be so immense this time around.




I know this looks like a gutter of some sort, but to us it was a creek. I loved it. I remember when I fell in and my sister got in trouble. It may have only been 6 inches deep, but I got some good sympathy out of it. I was wearing a cream shirt and we went to McDonald's afterward. Just let me be random.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home