Sunday, February 03, 2008

What's Normal

Rob and I keep asking each other, "When is life going to seem normal again?" I'm pretty excited for when that day comes. I'm guessing it'll be a couple weeks at least. Maybe all you parents out there are laughing and yelling at the computer screen, "Life will never be normal again!"

Right now I never really know what the day holds. I have some responsibilities that weigh lightly on my shoulders. But, they never seem to get taken care of, so they begin to weigh not so lightly. I'm trying to enjoy every moment with my new baby while I begin to let real life slowly show its face again. I'm afraid of putting real life before Abel, so maybe that's why I'm so reluctant to peek at my to-do list that started way before he came.

Normal? Who knows what that will be now.

Honestly, I have a feeling that normal isn't what God wants for any of us. Normal life probably really means a comfortable life, security, ease, a schedule... complacency? Now that I think about it, a normal life could be the result of holding on to my life, saving it. But, Jesus tells me that whoever tries to save her life will lose it, but whoever gives up her life will find real life. Jesus wants to take Rob, me, and Abel on a wild ride where our only security is that we have life eternal. Right now that wild ride is not what sounds nice, but I'm pretty sure it's what God wants for us.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes you will achive some sort of normal it just wont be anything close to what normal used to look like, but normal is just around the corner. cherish this time. that baby is absolutely beautiful.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would second Amanda. You will form a new normal. We laugh now because we can not even begin to remember what life was like without kids. But you guys will find your normal life soon. Just remember to learn how to focus on Rob and what your new relationship looks like! I wish I could hold him! H

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home