Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sorry, Mr. Blog.

Dear Blog,
Even though you have definitely been the most neglected in this whole process, just know that we are notoriously horrible at keeping people up to date. With this momentous occasion, we only got worse - just ask our family and friends. But, I promise the wait was well worth it. He's here!... and has been for 4 days.

He was born on his due date, Friday the 18th. However, he started his journey on Wednesday. He takes his time with things. He just knows he's special and worth it. Why rush things? The labor was not what I was expecting, but it was special. Many many times I cried out to the Lord in my silence. A couple of times I asked him to stop the contractions. It doesn't hurt to ask. But, he was with us in a unique way. Looking back I'm amazed at his care and tenderness throughout it all. He sure loves me, and he sure loves my new baby.

8 lbs. 11 oz. 21.2 in. Did you see the size of my belly? It's all making sense now. His precious name is Abel Justice Vis. His first name means "breath." Abel was the first martyr in the Bible and the first to offer a pleasing offering to God after the fall. I'm excited to see him grow into his name. His middle name is close to our hearts. We want him love justice and seek it for the lives of others as he lays down his own. And...Vis means "fish" in Dutch. Hmmmm....I could make something cool up. Let's see...nah - that's just our last name, and it sounds rockstar. You know you want it.


16 Comments:

Blogger Julia Mary said...

Hey Leah!
Precious pictures! I always love reading your blogs, your a great writer! Thanks for sharing about the name and whatnot! Is your cold getting better? I hope so... ttyl

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you! Abel is beautiful!

Blessings,
Miles & Heidi Thompson

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...breath...taken away. so beautiful. ok i've seen a few babies...but none that made me want to cry because they were so precious and tender and absolutely gorgeous...one good looking baby. soooo excited for you and cannot wait to meet Abel!
love you guys!
lorijo

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart! I can't wait to see him in person. Love, Mom D.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

He is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'll be praying for you in the weeks ahead!

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's amazing! I just might flip out if I don't see him in the next couple of days. Thank you so much for posting this. I have been thinking about the three of you constantly but I have been so busy and unable to check on you. I'm sure you have been busy as well :) I really hope we can come by in the next couple of days. After seeing these pictures I really can't wait! I love you guys and I'm so so so happy for you.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) :) :) :)
...Awesome!!!...
Best News of the Day
:) :) :) :)

Love-&-Blessings to your household,
Jarvis

12:13 AM  
Blogger Annie Els said...

Leah, I love you guys! I noticed in one of the pics on Rob's page that Abel has your lips. Beautiful. Your second pic definitely makes him look like a rockstar. I can't wait to meet him in 6 months! Love to you.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

I been checking to see if you would post anything...I guess you been a little busy. Just saw the video on Carlos' blog and came back to check your blog. He is so beautiful and I love his names. Blessing on all of you. Carmen

2:22 PM  
Blogger Janie said...

such a cutie.

8:26 PM  
Blogger dani_grace said...

he's SO adorable!! and you know how some newborns look funny? he absolutely doesn't!! yay congrats to you both!

8:59 PM  
Blogger RobinDayle said...

Congrats! He is seriously BEAUTIFUL!
I am so excited for you two!

p.s. You probably don't remember me, but I've met you like, 3 times through Kim and Derek. :-)

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - he is truly beautiful! We look forward to hanging out with him in the future!!

Angela Marie Vincent

11:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

awwww so precious.... and the name is lovely... fits him well... congrats, rob & leah! such a beautiful family =)

10:58 PM  
Blogger pearmama said...

That is a big baby for a petite woman like you. It shows how healthy and well you took care of yourself. Hope the labor went the way you planned. He's gorgeous! Congratulations. What a blessing.

8:19 PM  
Blogger bobby said...

I know I'm a little late, but congrats to you guys! Wish we were around to met the little bugger. Maybe one day...

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home