Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Journey from Two to Three


We are 39 weeks and one day. That means - any day now. Soon we'll go from a family of two to a family of three. I think that fact is too big to actually wrap my head around. Somedays it excites us, and other days it scares us. In answer to my prayer, God has made the exciting days more frequent than the scared days this past week.

A big bummer is that I have a bad cold. I pray for healing and energy before this baby starts its journey into the world.

For maybe the last month or so, Rob and I have running around like crazy people trying to get millions of things finished. Work, baby stuff, cleaning...it all fills our days very easily. Today we decided that we need to take these last couple of days and focus on what's left - silence, just the two of us, relaxing moments. We might have today to do that, and we might have two weeks. But we've made it a goal.

So, these are all things you can pray for.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Cool picture. I am so excited for you! Hope all goes well. We'll keep the three of you in our prayers!

7:36 PM  
Blogger pearmama said...

I remember the days before I had each of my baby's fondly. Feathering the nest, cleaning ruthlessly, getting your haircut, washing all the cute little clothes, and praying, waiting, wondering, waiting and then some more praying! Every night I'd go to bed, I'd lay there and wonder "Is this the night?" Very exciting! I'm praying for you, too.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh girl. The same thing happened to me with Cyrus! I was SO sick with him. The good news is you will do great in labor, it's weird how your body naturally gets rid of those symptoms while you need to be able to BREATHE! You are going to do great!

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home