Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Another day

I'm alive today.

It's not because I'm only 26. It's not because I am healthy. It's not because I live in a safe area. I'm alive today because God decided to keep all of my organs running together. Is my heart really smart enough to just keep beating like it needs to? No way, it's just a lump of flesh. God is working that thing and keeping it pumping.

This is what I read this morning to make me think about all this:

"I lie down and sleep; I wake again because the Lord sustains me." Psalms 3:5

Yesterday I worked all day. Seriously all day. Is that what he sustained me for yesterday? I think it's an interesting idea to wake up and contemplate what God's reason is for sustaining me this day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Leah, are you ready to pop yet?

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home