Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Vacation

This past weekend Rob and I escaped to San Diego. This was our first ever relaxing vacation. We've been on adventures together, but never ones where we could relax and recoup.

We spent all day on Saturday trying to capture life and be creative with our photography. We have this new goal to make our output really be good art whether it's a paid photoshoot, taking random shots at a park, our music, our writing, our paintings...everything! Now when I say "good art," I mean it has to portray truth in some way. In one of my classes at APU, my prof taught us that good art is true and bad art is what is untrue. That can be tricky. It's not truth in the surface sense of the word. For example, a fairy tale can be fiction and yet still be true. Yeah, I don't get it yet either, but I think there's something there.

Our other goal is for our art to give people hunger for life. Life more abundant...not just breathing. We have a big task ahead of us. We have only begun to learn.

Here's some of our fun from the day. All I want to know is, who's that cutie with the camera!




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, you guys are hot! love ya

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dig-a-ble photography... Thanks again for the call!

Blessings In Christ Sis

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home