Friday, March 16, 2007

Mrs. G

I've talked about Mrs. Grams before. But, for those of you who haven't heard about her, she is my friend who is about 86ish with Alzheimer's Disease. She is, by far, one of my favorite people in the world. Lately she's been a lot weaker, skinnier, and just going downhill. Whenever I pray for her, I just ask that God would make himself so real to her in the midst of her confusion. I want him to wrap his arms around her and keep whispering to her that it's ok.

This last Monday, I had the priveledge of hanging out with her. We went for a drive in the mountains because that's her favorite thing to do. The whole time I was thinking/praying/hoping that the Jesus in me would shine on her so she could feel comfortable and maybe think she's hanging out with him.

As we drove and as she repeated the same five phrases over and over, I started to feel really good...I mean really really alive. The fog that's sometimes in my heart cleared and I was seeing life more clearly. Man, I was on some kind of high. Then it hit me-that sneaky Mrs. Grams was shining her Jesus light on me. I was experiencing Jesus being with her.

I think it's so cool that someone who has served the Lord can have Jesus working through them even when they don't know what's going on around them. Sneaky, sneaky!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so amazing when you expect God to work one way and he turns it around on you. So often I think I'm going to go "teach someone something" or that I'm going to "bring Jesus" to a situation. Then Jesus shows up in a way I never expected. I really love that God keeps us on our toes. It's really proof that "His ways are not our ways." Thanks for sharing about your friend.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Way Cool Sis!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Jenelle said...

That's cool. It's awesome how God shines through us, in spite of us. It's also cool how He shines through the passions He's set in our hearts. He is glorified and we are filled with joy when we pursue the things that He's built us for - yours for old people, mine for foreigners - He shines.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home