Sunday, March 11, 2007

Bingo!

Trust is the word for today. For all of you people who don't go to Sandals, go here and listen to Pastor Matt's sermon about trust. Actually, the one for today 3/11/07 will probably take a couple days to get up there.

I have a hard time trusting God. I trust him with some things really easily, of course. But, there are a lot of things that aren't as easy. I was thinking during the sermon that it's not that hard for me to trust Rob, so you would think that I'd be good at this trust thing. Then again, I know Rob. When we were first engaged and married, I didn't know him like I do now so it was more of a challenge to trust him. So, maybe I need to get to know God more?

I think that's some of it. But, the part that gets me doubting is the "his ways are higher than our ways" thing. With Rob, our ways are pretty much on the same plane, so I can understand what he does. With God, he sometimes does things that I don't understand or that are scary to me. It's a new kind of trust. Not - trusting him to not do bad things...But - trusting him that even when those things happen he loves me and accepts me. Trusting that there's a plan in action that's bigger than just my life and it will eventually benefit all of us.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A big epiphany for me was when I realized clearly for the first time that God's plans were so much bigger than I could ever imagine... that God has a plan for me-- but it doesn't necessarily involve ANYTHING that I want. It is both humbling and comforting that "everything happens for a reason": comforting because you know God is working even during hard times, humbling because it may have nothing to do with your own desires.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home