Monday, October 02, 2006

I tried it


I was talking to one of my best friends today. She read my last blog and had an idea. "Leah, I should have you over. We can put on some worship music, and just dance all over my apartment."

"Um...yeah...that could be cool. But, that would be really scary."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I've never danced like that before. I've danced, and I like to dance. But, I've never danced to express something before."

That's scary to do in front of people. But, how powerful. Now I understand that when people actually do dance expressively in front of people how vulnerable they're being.

Tonight I was super excited about all kinds of stuff. I felt like I had a caffine high, but I knew it wasn't caffine. So, inspired by my friend, when Rob left for his meeting, I turned on some music and began dancing.

I ended up turning most of the lights off because I was getting too distracted by myself. Less light...much better - for now.

I danced my heart out. I broke a sweat. I started getting out of breath and considered stopping. Nah. I kept going. I made myself carsick....then I stopped. Um...I like this.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To what were you dancing?

9:58 PM  
Blogger JenniferKent said...

Wasn't it great?!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Justin, I put on some Hillsongs United.

Jen, yeah it was awesome.

9:29 AM  
Blogger JenniferKent said...

p.s. my favorite Kauai pic is now up in a blog...a lot of them didn't turn out but this one was a pretty good representation of the wonder that is Kauai :)

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got the TV on today, not because there's anything worth watching, but because it serves as a good procrastination tool. Nonetheless, I've seen this commercial about 3 times today, and each time, I picture you spinning around. If you haven't seen it, enjoy...the lyrics work too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJR2yCMrHZw

Ok...it's on AGAIN as I type...that makes 4 times!

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

leah, you always leave me inspired after reading your blog! I too have blasted worship music I love with the ligts out and always find myself face down, palms up in prayer and awww of the lord!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home