Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Yea for good art!


We went to a Mute Math concert last night. I've heard them when Rob made me, and that was only a couple times. They aren't Norah Jones, that's for sure. So, they didn't draw me in right away. But, Rob convinced me they are amazing, so I expected much last night.

It was a great concert. They are musicians and performers. They keep you enthralled the whole time. Their performance was so engrossing that I often didn't know a song was finished until 5 seconds afterward. I recommend their music, but I think you will like it even more once you've had a chance to see them live.

Our group didn't fit in last night, but I think we're all beyond the point of caring. We were just excied to be there.

It's funny how much humans enjoy watching others do art and share what they've created. Like I said earlier, it seemed like I was like no one else there, but as the music played I felt a bond.

Grace, Jen, and I were standing in the back on the stairs (the short people section). It was the best place in the house, actually. I ended up standing right next to another shorty. He looked like he belonged: really stylish, neo-mullet hair, a very thought-out outfit, and all black. Me: a t-shirt and jeans, my orange jacket tied around my waist, and a simple pony tail that I did my best to poof up. Who knows, we could be the two most similar people ever, but from the outside he looked like sushi and I looked like homemade cookies.

As Mute Math did their magic, both of us were enjoying the same thing. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see his head bobbing in-sync with mine, and suddenly he felt like a friend.

Mute Math didn't lead us in worship. They were sharing their art, that's all. But, I was enjoying life...life abundant from my perspective.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I went with two of my friends for a girls nite out. We were blessed to be able to see MercyMe & Audio Adrenaline play San Antonio last Friday. It was an awesome concert!! We stood behind a row of screaming teen-agers but what was so amazing was the age range in attendance. From children to older(than me)people - all were a part of worship. Some of the songs gave me 'Holy Ghost-bumps'(as one of our church ladies calls them). Even though I've heard those songs on the radio or CD, being there let us share in their art and worship God. As you said, we were enjoying life...abundantly.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home