Saturday, September 09, 2006

Vegas


Here's a jumbled post for ya. It was a good weekend, so I might use the word "really" a lot. Bare with me.

Rob and I just got back from a Photoshop conference in Vegas. Really, really cool weekend. I learned a ton and also realized how much there is still to learn about this program. But, I'm pumped about it all. It's the closest thing to school that I've had in 2 1/2 years, so it was fun. (I liked school, by the way).

We got to hang out with Rob's boss, Brit (also from Sandals), the whole weekend. Fun to get to know him since before this weekend I only barely knew him through Rob's stories and a couple conversations. He's a great guy.

On Friday night, we all had dinner with some of Brit's long-time friends. They made us give sushi another try. We successfully put it in our mouths, chewed, swallowed, and even enjoyed it. I was a little worried about the chewing and swallowing part. My last experience with sushi made me decide that I hated it, but now it has been redeemed. I still don't understand why people adore sushi, but maybe that'll come after my 5th time eating it.

Anyway, Brit's friends were a ton of fun -- refreshing, funny, and easy to talk to. Then we found the Veitch's house at the other end of Vegas and hung out with Jon for the rest of the night (I think he's one of those who spells his "jon" like that). I knew Jon before, but we never got the chance to really hang out with him. Pretty much the funniest guy ever. It's cool because he'll be really really funny and then the very next second say something totally profound that'll stick with you. Another cool guy.

Hanging out with Jon was great, and it also reminded me how much we need to be praying for their ministry over there. Sometimes I forget what I need to be praying for, so times like these are good reminders. He explained Vegas as a place where they almost literally have to snatch people out of hell. It's urgent, dangerous, and in need of the right kind of ministry - a ministry that will convince people and draw them to the real life that's in Christ.

Good times. I'm full.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home