Saturday, October 14, 2006

Christmas all year long


I have this neighbor who is an elderly lady. As I've gotten to know her, I am sure that her love language is giving gifts. I've never known anyone to make their love language so obvious.

Almost every time I see her she wants to give me something. One time it was frozen strawberry pastries. Another time it was one of her humungous plants. She wanted to give me some fish once, but I found a way out of that one.

I've lent her a couple books lately, so now she knows that I like reading. Well, this is her new thing. She gets these Christian romance books in the mail. Whenever I go to see her, she has three to four books waiting for me. I haven't read any of them, and now I have thirteen of these stories. She wants me to keep them and pass them on when I'm finished.

They're not exactly next on my list of things to read, but I don't have the heart to reject her gifts. Anyone interested in a steady flow of books? I can help you with that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send them my way. I am all about the Christian novels. Then you can take the weight off your shoulders because you know they are being read. Lori-lynn and Danielle also are addicted like me.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you ladies are done, send those books over to the Captain's Quarters. My mom will read anything, who knows maybe God can use these Christian "Bodice Busters" to reach her.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home