Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Boys and Girls

Rob and I went on a date tonight. We'd been missing each other for about a week now, so it was time to refresh.

I thought that a good way to set the mood for a date is to sing 80's love songs continuously. I started out with "You're the meaning in my life. You're the inspiration. You bring feeling to my life. You're the inspiration. I wanna have you near me..." I could go on for the whole song, but I know you're already singing it in your head.

In between phrases I warned Rob that he'd have to start his love song in 10 seconds. He started in with, "Duh, duhduhduh...duhduhduh....duhduh duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh." Eye of the Tiger? Well, that's not exactly my idea of a love song. But, Rob's a boy. He expresses love differently.

Just in case you're wondering. We didn't exactly succeed at the continuous love songs. After Eye of the Tiger, I tried to keep it going with "I can't fight this feeling any longer..." But, once I was finished, Rob was out of ideas.

4 Comments:

Blogger JenniferKent said...

I LOVE YOU GUYS. I laughed outloud at work at this one!

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Rob :)...this had to be comical moment for you two... ...Eye of the Tiger:) is Cool ~ I use it to warm up before runs sometimes. You guys are So Wonderful in Him.

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes...that is so awesome... love you guys :)

12:28 PM  
Blogger Annie Els said...

I love it! Thanks for the laugh.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home