Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I hate thinking of titles


I read Isaiah 40 yesterday. That chapter is packed full of good stuff...stuff that I just couldn't get my mind around.

It seems like for much of the chapter Isaiah is trying to say, "Guys, you really don't understand how cool God is. What about this; does that convince you?" Reading it, I was convinced. I'm convinced that God is a lot more vast that I often think. But still, I don't understand it. I can read the words, but it's almost impossible to be impacted by who God really is...I mean REALLY is.

I think I've had times where I get it. Maybe God has to gift those times. Maybe he has to send some kind of wave of energy at me so that I'm reading and get a sense of awe fill my bones. Just reading it makes me only realize how much I haven't seen of him...how much more he needs to show me. How much more he needs to shock me with one of those waves of awe.

I wanted one of those shockings yesterday, but instead I had to settle with my intellect. I'm much better at the emotional stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home