Thursday, August 24, 2006

I guess it's my theme lately


I worked alone all week this week because my boss is on vacation. The introvert in me loves that. Something I like to do when I get the chance to work alone is listen to APU chapels. Most people who went to christian colleges hated chapels. APU is different. I looked forward to chapels...not just because I'm a nerd but because pretty consistently they brought simply amazing speakers.

Today I randomly chose three chapels to listen to. It's funny, every single one of them was talking about caring for the poor, and I had no idea. Now, if you want to be convinced and inspired in ministry to the poor, listen to these guys. Bart Campolo, Kurt Salierno, and Matt Rindge are the guys who I clicked on today. Listen to them...I promise you won't be bored. You'll laugh, cry, and leave changed.

Campolo and Salierno in particular have lived crazy lives for God. I was shocked today as I listened. I forget sometimes that there are people out there who take Jesus' words very literally and seriously. I know I can't relate to that kind of ministry. I wish I could and I hope that I will.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Sorry, I can see how that wouldn't make sense. At Christian colleges, it's mandatory that we go to chapel. We had it 3 times a week. There'd be worship and a speaker. Kinda like mini church, I guess.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home