Friday, August 04, 2006

To be pure


A friend and I were talking about the possibility of actually feeling, seeing, smelling, hearing God...but not just in our hearts...actually. I think it's possible and know people who have experienced God in this way.

She brought up the verse that says the pure in heart will see God.

I've read that verse a million times but have never understood it like I did in that conversation. I think being not pure in heart is letting the cares of this world take over. Those cares takes tons of different forms: envying people, caring too much what I look like, worrying about the future, wanting more for myself...pretty much desiring the things that this world has to offer or letting the world influence me toward sin.

Satan uses those things to distract me. Now I know that those things aren't just sin in a vague sense, they keep me from seeing God. No matter how enticing they may seem or how much power I feel these sins have over me, I have a greater goal and desire. That's to see God...really.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoughtful Indeed ~ such goals are Worth having in Him.

4:44 PM  
Blogger JenniferKent said...

Leah, You are such a good writer. Not just like good grammar and such, but you take your listener on a journey. What a stud.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an great goal to have. i feel like we all have to strive for that every day. To really feel him today. To talk to him. To include him that is my goal.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home