Sunday, March 08, 2009

Welcome Back

Three seemingly unrelated things:

1. I realize that I've totally let this blog go in the last couple of months. But now I'm inspired again to begin writing.

2. In the last year I've grown in the Lord in some ways and slipped back in others. I've grown in my faith in the workings of the Holy Spirit. I've slipped in my discipline to be in the Word and prayer regularly. I try to blame it on mommyhood, but really it's a lack of discipline and a "losing of my first love" - Rev. 2:4-5. Obviously this is not ok. I'm very motivated right now to repent and begin doing the things I did at first, which is really simply being in the word and prayer regularly.

I read today in Living Water that God only uses those who are in intimate relationship to him. I totally agree. I think I've been used less and less as I've let my love grow cold.

3. I'm hungry to see the power of the Holy Spirit. I've tasted it, but I want to see it all around me. I've seen someone be miraculously healed. Rob has met a man who God used to raise a young girl from the dead. I know people who have stormed the gates of hell in Mount Carmel-like prayer battles - and won! I've met a man who was healed of insanity.

So, yes, I've tasted. But, I read in Acts 1:8 "You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you." I read a book called Defeating Dark Angels that tells the story of a born again woman who used to be involved in the occult. At that time, she had the ability to sense people's spiritual power. She recounts that they could always discern who the Christians were because they had the most spiritual power out of everyone. However, they were rarely intimidated because Christians don't know how to use the power they've been given.

I'm ready for that reality to come to an end and the power of the Holy Spirit to be the well-known characteristic of every believer.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, Welcome Back Leah! ...always Ecstatic to continue along side you & family with Prayers - knowing He keeps you always.

Blessings In Christ Sis

2:22 PM  
Blogger Lindy PRD said...

good post. I remember that story in defeating dark angels. I aspire to being a Christian that demons see God's power in. Right now I am probably unintimidating. :)

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

which is why "I" need you at MAP:) I believe, with you, all you just wrote.....and want the same thing.....and to instill that into other mothers.....is vital......as we walk out "our" own incredible journeys.....pray about it:)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Angie Funches said...

I am glad you are back!! I miss your writing and honesty.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home