Monday, September 29, 2008

The tree

My best friend from college recently asked me to paint a picture of a tree for her boyfriend.  All she told me is that she wanted it to be an oak tree because of Isaiah 61:3 which is special to the two of them.  

Isaiah 61 is incredible.  It's about God taking the broken down and oppressed and making them stunning examples of his glory.  In verse three he says, "They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor."  This definitely intimidated me since I had the responsibility of portraying such a powerful message. But, I was pumped to have the opportunity of trying.  I hope that God blessed it so that when they look at it they can sense the Lord's love and future glory for his hurting children.

5 Comments:

Blogger Julia Mary said...

you painted that?!?! its amazing!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Les said...

Powerful and moving.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So beautiful, Leah. I love it.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Lindy PRD said...

This looks great, Leah! Communicating a verse through a painting is an awesome way to speak.

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey turned out great! you had nothing to be nervous about

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home