Friday, December 05, 2008

A Christmas solution

This morning I have been discouraged. Over the last couple of months a few things have continually frustrated me causing me to distrust and want to take control of situations. I guess that's how I respond to injustice. I feel the need to protect and make things right. Then that's where the discouragement comes in because usually it's not possible to respond and succeed in that way. I can't always fix things and create justice again.

A couple of minutes ago I was reading My Utmost for His Highest. It really had nothing to do with this subject, but all of a sudden I got a flash of thoughts about Christmas - not lights, trees, and presents this time. No, this time it was real Christmas that flashed through my mind. I got a surge of reassurance that Jesus is King and in control of it all. Nothing else matters because he's the only one who can bring justice to little or big issues. Everyone else will be frustrated. But with our eyes on him, we will begin to see real justice even if not immediate. I feel better.

3 Comments:

Blogger LJFredricks said...

This answer is the joy of all seasons! Glad you got a glimpse of it. JOY< JOY JOY!!!

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man did I need to read that just now! Thank you!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Angie Funches said...

Great thought! Glad He spoke to you in this way.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home